Our strategy is underpinned by our purpose and revolves around delivering simple, relevant and holistic solutions to our clients through their channel of choice in a seamless manner. Our strategy provides us with the path to get there.
The group is large and complex and requires focus to deliver on our strategic objectives. We have defined three key strategic focus areas and articulated our expectations and aspirations for each, over the short, medium and long term. The focus areas, related priorities and timeframes have been cascaded to the business lines and corporate functions for execution.
THE REASON WE EXIST
WHAT WE ASPIRE TO BE
To be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa, delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value.
Our values are the behaviours and qualities that define us at our best.
- Being proactive
- Growing our people
- Constantly raising the bar
- Working in teams
- Delivering to our stakeholders
- Respecting each other
- Serving our clients
- Upholding the highest levels of integrity
Our purpose, vision, values and approach to ethics inform our culture. Our culture comprises specific characteristics required to achieve our strategy and is underpinned by the principle of doing the right business, the right way.
What we need to do to deliver our strategy
These direct our efforts and enable us to prioritise the allocation of our resources.
When we need to do what
These outline our expectations so that our business lines can plan and deliver against our short-term priorities and medium- and long-term aspirations.
How we track our strategic progress
These enable us to measure our progress against our stated medium-term targets.
Client centricity places our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We do valuable things for our clients as their needs and expectations change
Digitising our products and processes improves how we meet our clients’ and employees’ needs.
Digitisation is about delivering secure, personalised, relevant experiences and a full range of solutions, in real-time, all the time.
Our integrated offering delivers complete solutions to our clients.
We are organising the group to work as an integrated whole to seamlessly and efficiently service our clients’ financial needs.
The short term,
managing the present 2020
- Deliver consistent, excellent client experience.
- Accelerate digitisation to meet clients’ needs.
- Improve resource allocation to support growth in Africa Regions.
- Continue to improve our efficiency by generating meaningful positive jaws.
- Make progress in returning our ROE to the 18% to 20% target range.
The medium term,
becoming future ready 2021 – 2024
- Ensure that our clients remain at the centre of everything we do.
- Use digital technology and human skill to offer an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services.
- Reshape our infrastructure and resources to remain relevant and competitive in the digital age.
- Create SEE value for the communities and countries where we do business.
The long term,
creating the future 2024 onward
Become a truly human, truly digital financial services group